Data Warehouse Consultant
- Data Warehouse Developer for ETL and Business Intelligence activities.
- Responsible for designing and writing ETL programs required to extract, transform, clean and move data and meta data so they can be loaded into a data warehouse, data mart, or operational data store.
- Design and develop warehouse enhancements.
- Load and validate dimensions and measures stored procedures.
- Perform all application unit and system testing.
- Support the loading and integrity of the data warehouse.
- Create data dictionary’s and proper documentation on the data warehouse.
- Assist with creation of a robust, sustainable, and scalable architecture that supports requirements and provides for expansion.
- Work with Business Analysts to identify, understand, and prioritize user information requirements; – Develop business-oriented meta-data definitions.
- Perform software analysis and tests software specific to area of business.
- Determine system specifications, input/output processes and working parameters to meet business requirements and hardware/software compatibility.
- Responsible to document and recommend design changes and/or enhancements to systems.
Skills and Qualifications
- A minimum of 5+ years working experience in IT.
- Must have 5+ years’ Experience of writing ETL Packages.
- Experience of working within a large database development project team.
- Experience developing data solutions using MS Azure Data services.
- Experience with Data warehousing methodologies and development.
- Capable of speaking articulately to a breadth of topics such as data store technologies, ETL, data warehousing, data virtualization, data modeling and data lakes.
- Experience with Data Modeling, Database Design Schemas, Data Hierarchy Structures, Aggregation methodologies, OLAP reporting.
- Experience with other ETL Tools like Informatica.
- Should be well versed in the use of SQL, PL/SQL, Entity-Relationship and Data Warehouse Dimensional Data Modeling.