Minimum Experience: 8 years
Relevant (Cloudera Technology) Experience: Minimum 4 years
We are looking for self-motivated Cloudera Hadoop architects to drive innovations on technology interoperable platforms with Cloudera for enterprise customers in diverse industry verticals. Key focus areas would be Cloudera Hadoop with Real time analytics, Next Best Action, and Internet of Everything.
- Design and implement Cloudera Hadoop based big data solutions, including leadership role in design to develop shared/reusable components.
- Lead the migration/upgrade effort to move the customer’s Hadoop cluster from HDP 2.6/3.1 or CDH 5.x/6.x to CDP.
- Works closely with our partners at Cloudera to present complex technical architectures to the customers.
- Design and implement CDP architecture.
- Ensure the CDP architecture is performing above service levels and work directly with Cloudera product and engineering teams to timely resolve issues.
- Write and produce technical documentation for the customer’s technical teams and work to ensure the customer has everything they need to be successful moving forward.
- Design and implement solutions to address business problems in various industry verticals.
- Drive Proof of Concept (POC) and Proof of Technology(POT) evaluation on interoperable technology platforms.
- Train and mentor developers towards solution development and POC/POT execution.
- Support pre sales engineering activities for Cloudera Hadoop based RFPs.
- Experience in Hadoop Technologies – HDFS, Map Reduce, Hive, H-base, Cloudera manager.
- Good working knowledge of Pig Scripting, Oozie workflow and HBASE.
- Define and develop client specific best practices around data management within a Hadoop environment.
- Hands-on experience on Core Java in Linux environment.
- Work with the functional team/ Frameworks team to understand requirements and translate them to technical specifications.
- Ability to understand big data use-cases, and recommend standard design patterns commonly used in Hadoop-based deployments
- Knowledge of the data management ecosystem, including: Concepts of data warehousing, ETL, data integration, etc.
- Experience implementing software in the enterprise Linux environment.
- Extensive experience using Hadoop-based data technologies like HDFS, HIVE, NiFi, YARN, Spark SQL, and Scala/Java/Python.
- Experience in capacity planning, cluster designing and deployment.
- Experience with RDBMS/ETL platforms.
- Strong scripting skills with languages such as bash or python.
- Expert ability in using and troubleshooting java in the Hadoop environment.
- Strong understanding with various enterprise security solutions such as LDAP and/or Kerberos.
- Experience architecting performance-based large volume systems for optimal performance and firm understanding of cpu/mem/disk/network design points.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure with constantly changing priorities and deadlines.
- Familiarity with project management and systems development life cycle processes, tools, concepts and methodologies is plus.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.